This month update
Tony Horton, creator of P90X and P90X2, now brings you P90X3, similar workouts but with half of the time.
P90X3 combines a highly structured, plateau-busting schedule with an unprecedented variety of moves that keep every muscle challenged every day for 30 minutes of full-throttle intensity that leaves any other workout in the dust. It’s a whole workout in half the time. What’s in the Package? 16 extreme 30-minute workouts, Fitness Guide, Nutrition Plan, Workout Calendar, “How to Accelerate” DVD.
Recommended equipment includes a chin-up bar and resistance bands/dumbbells (10-40 lbs for men, 5-25 lbs for women). Optional equipment includes a jump mat/yoga mat, P90X Chin-Up Max, and PowerStands.
A chin up bar is essential for getting the most out of P90X3
- Resistance Workouts
- Total Synergistics: A full-body resistance workout that triggers fast, powerful changes to your body’s composition.
- The Challenge: Strengthen your entire upper body by stacking push-ups and pull-ups in ways you’ve probably never seen.
- Incinerator: Bring It ’til there’s nothing left to bring. A full burnout session that pushes you past your limits.
- The Warrior: When you need a one-size-fits-all workout that can be done anytime, anywhere, this is your drill.
- Eccentric Upper: Time under tension is the key to creating lean-muscle growth fast. This upper-body blast will have you begging for mercy.
- Eccentric Lower: You’ll be slowing down the eccentric (or negative) half of each movement to carve a ripped lower body—faster.
- Power Workouts
- Agility X: This fusion of aerobic and anaerobic energy improves your precision, flexibility, balance, and strength.
- Triometrics: Increase your speed and power in a fraction of the time with this explosive next-generation plyo workout.
- Decelerator: Balance your ability to go up strong and come down safe with multi-angle deceleration training.
- Cardio Workouts
- CVX: Now resistance is combined with intervals to give you that full-body burn and power up your core.
- MMX: Burn fat by taxing your strength, endurance, and flexibility with this martial arts–based cardio workout.
- Accelerator: Increase your cardiovascular and muscular efficiency, resulting in more bang for your fat-burning buck.
- Core, Flexibility & Balance Workouts
- X3 Yoga: A flow-style practice that improves your musculoskeletal flexibility, balance, stamina, and core strength.
- Pilates X: Power your core, gain muscle elasticity, and stabilize your joints, as Pilates fundamentals meet modern science.
- Isometrix: Isometric contraction combined with instability—this workout gives you an unshakable platform to work from.
- Dynamix: Increase your range of motion, flexibility, and stabilization to help maximize the results you get from every routine.
- Fitness Guide:Your step-by-step guide to getting the most out of Tony’s accelerated extreme fitness program.
- Nutrition Guide: A simplified approach to healthy eating designed to get you ripped—and help you stay that way.
- P90X3 Workout Calendar: Tony gives you each day’s workout, so all you have to do is get in—and crush it.
- “How to Accelerate” DVD: This easy-to-follow P90X3 intro shows you how to achieve your best results in the fastest time.
- 24/7 Online Support:Stay motivated with exclusive ’round-the-clock access to fitness experts and peer support.
One day, you’re doing total-body resistance, and then Pilates, plyometrics, yoga, agility, mobility, mixed martial arts. That’s variety. That’s how you keep the Muscle Acceleration going. That’s how you get extreme results in 30 minutes a day.
There are 3 different approaches:
1. Classic: get ripped and strong.
2. Lean: tone without adding bulk.
3. Mass: increase muscle mass.
I haven’t done any other p90x workout so I won’t be able to compare, but for me 30 min workout seems like more than enough… if I feel like doing more I can always add something extra like PiYo or again something what I never tried. 😉
My exercise equipment is limited for now and I can’t upgrade it jet, cos of the move (and I’m still not sure which date I will be following my husband to UK). So for now I will be using pair of 1kg weights and resistance band.
I didn’t measure myself today but so far from 22.9 I’m down 0.7kg. See you with my next post.
Peace and love, G.